It is time. Fire In The Pipe 2 is now out on the ATLauncher.
You can find the pack at ATLauncher: https://www.atlauncher.com/pack/FireInThePipe & on Curse at: http://kehaan.me/?p=581
Please also see previous post at: http://kehaan.me/?p=555
This blog post, will contain tips/tricks to the pack. Links to guides and much more. All the info wont be here, once this blog post is published. But i will try and update it with new info once i remember some. I will keep a changelog, to this blog post at the end of it.
IMPORTANT: Use level-type: “RTG” on servers.
You ARE allowed to stream/record this pack. But please link back in your description, or have a command, to this post, thank you.
- New Instance: Fire In The Pipe 1: Version To Install – 1.0.22 (Minecraft 1.6.4)
- New Instance: Fire In The Pipe 2: Version To Install – 2.0.0-Beta-1 (Minecraft 1.7.10)
Fire In The Pipe (MC 1.7.10) – by Kehaan
Expect to play this pack for at least 9-12 months, if you wish to 100% this pack.
Do you like grindy, and very hard packs, that makes you rethink everything you are used to do in Minecraft? Then this pack is for you. This unique modpack is balanced around long term goals in mind. This pack use HQM, as a way to give long term challenges. This book, is not a “how to complete this pack”, but more a way to show you what can be done in the long therm.
Be prepared that even the smallest task will take many hours. And making your first Star Gate, Fusion Reactor, Spaceship and so on, will take many months to complete.
This pack is focused around tech (Mainly GregTech), and survival with weight system, new dimensions and much more.
This pack will make you rage, and it will make you salty but will also make every small task feel like an accomplishment
This pack does not support removing or adding mods to it.
Read more at: http://kehaan.me/?p=562
Kehaans Blog: http://kehaan.me/
Pack Art made by: http://www.twitch.tv/siylisstv
LOL U Died – Death Sound is made by Diabolo-ical
- To get Fire In The Pipe 1, Open ATLauncher – > packs -> find the pack -> New Instance -> Select “Version To Install: 1.0.22 (Minecraft 1.6.4)”
- To get Fire In The Pipe 2, Open ATLauncher -> packs -> find the pack -> New Instance -> Select “Version To Install: 2.0.0-Beta-x” (x = 1,2,3,4 etc etc)
- This pack is in BETA, stuff will change. However this pack have been played for over 1 year, in different forms. So it is rather stable, and also a lot of content in it. However i do plan on changing more recipe, adding more challenges etc over the next many months.
- Allocate atleast 4096MB ram to the Launcher, for the pack. This pack is not very friendly for older computers.
- The pack can take a long time to load. That is mainly because of the thousand of lines of recipe changes, config changes and GregTech. As long as the anvil animates, the pack loads. Give it at least 5min to load, on older systems.
- Molten Aluminium Brass to make Cast from Tinkers’ Construct can be made using glass, and copper in a smeltery (See NEI).
- GregTech Ore levels can be found here http://kehaan.me/?p=610 AND on GregTech achivements ingame.
- Some of the ores which max level have been at 120, have been increased to 180.
- I have included AdminCommandsToolbox. This mod is VERY good for servers. It lets you generate a big map, so you won’t get worldgen lag, when players travel around in the world. To use this. I recommend doing the following: Start server -> “/pregenspawn 100” -> stop server -> Start server -> “/pregenspawn 125” -> stop server -> Start server -> “/pregenspawn 150” -> stop server -> start server -> “/pregenspawn 175” -> stop server -> start server -> “/pregenspawn 200” -> stop server -> start and play. You can do the same in singleplayer, but then you just need to close and open the game.
- I recommend this resourcepack: http://js-legacy.net/jstr-modded/ Select Universal JSTR one.
- This guide can also come in handy: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_suVZdSI91JimQTsgR3ejRt1HbxOM87Sh1OO2Fou6zM/edit however i have never really used it. I like to learn on my own, and maybe explore wikis to read up on a machine or two 🙂
- The Quest book, should be seen as a way for long term challenges. The book is not final. There will be more challenges added over time. And maybe even a special sound to it.
- MCEdit is a great tool, if something ever messes up, you need to delete chunks etc. Check it out at: http://www.mcedit.net/ (If you play a lot of modded Minecraft, this tool is worth to use a few hours on learning)
Changelog for Beta Versions:
Changelog for Beta 2: http://kehaan.me/?p=577
Changelog Beta 1.2: Removed a chest recipe, fixed oak slabs recipe *Script folder have been changed (Info For server owners)
Beta 1.1 – Adds Tooltips to a few blocks, to players know they have to research those in Thaumcraft, to unlock theem. Like items from Ars Magica, Chance Cubes, Botania and Witchery.
Also removes the possibility to smelt Iron Buckets in a smeltery.
* Script folder have changed (Info for Server Owners)
Changelog for blog post:
24-06-2016 pack is out and published.
27-06-2016 pack updated to Beta 1.2, see changelog above.
28-06-2016 pack updated to Beta 2, see changelog at http://kehaan.me/?p=577
13-07-2016 Added post for Ore spawning levels in FITP2: http://kehaan.me/?p=610